From: Teresa E on
I am trying to use sessionvariable("Logon_User") in the
ASPTypeLibrary.Request object in an Excel macro. I am getting the run-time
error 91 object variable or with variable not set each time I try to get the
logon_user. The code I am using is:
I tried to set the oRequest to new asptypelibrary.request but, an error
occurs.

Dim oRequest as ASPTypeLibrary.Request
With oRequest
myUserName = .ServerVariables("Logon_User")
End With

I cannot createobject("ASPTypeLibrary.Request").

Please help me with my syntax to retrieve the logon user (IE) name. I don't
need the Environ("Username"). The user is logging in from a web page.

I have also created a user defined activex dll to retrieve the logon name.
This works in ASP but not in the macro.

Can this be done using a macro?

Thanks,

Teresa

From: NickHK on
I don't know the ASPTypeLibrary, but are not creating an object.

Dim oRequest as ASPTypeLibrary.Request
Set oRequest = CreateObject("ASPTypeLibrary.Request").

'etc....

So this code is designed to run on the webserver ?
IIRC MS do not support or advise running Excel in this environment.

NickHK

From: Teresa E on
When using the CreateObject("ASPTypeLibrary.Request"), I get an error stating
cannot create library.

From: NickHK on
Teresa,
http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=227

But as you are working in Excel/VBA not ASP, I can't tell you how to do it,
as you do not have "GetObjectContext".

From: Teresa E on
I talked with Microsoft and they stated that what I want to do is
unsupported. VBA is very limited.