From: kj on
apologies for repeated post. i am using ddl to deploy clR function

kj wrote:

Using SqlBytes/SqlChar write method in CLR
14-Feb-10

Thanks for your reply
I guess i am not using VS auto deploy. I deploy my assembly using create/alter assembly.

My function looks like this

SqlChars^ func1(SqlBytes Data,
SqlString a,
SqlString b)

{

SqlChars ^output = gcnew SqlChars();

..
..
..
while ((bytesRead = Data.Read(offsetr,tmpInBuffer, 0, chunkSize)) > 0)
{
read and process on Data
output->write(....) // write processed data in output.
}

return output;

}

Input data can be upto max limit of VARBINARY(MAX)

If I write data to memorystream as

MemoryStream ^ms = gcnew MemoryStream();
ms->Write(tmpOutBuffer,0,tmpOutBytes);
and then return SqlChars

Encoding ^u8 = Encoding::UTF8;
output = gcnew SqlChars(u8->GetString(ms->ToArray()));
return output;

it works fine till 30MB and then result in
..NET Framework execution was aborted by escalation policy because of out of memory.

More Fun with Fluent NHibernate Automapping
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/50aa9259-6dbb-4d16-9639-81ee42171b00/more-fun-with-fluent-nhib.aspx