From: TomHull on
Hi,

I need to use a value of a cell in a spreadsheet in a macro command to copy
data.

For Example.

cell A1 = 28/09/2009

Sub

Workbooks.Open Filename:= _ "C:\(Value from A1)"

End Sub

Thanks,

Tom

From: FSt1 on
hi
try something like this.........

Dim r As String
r = Range("A1").Value
Workbooks.Open Filename:= _
"C:\your\file\path\" & r & ".xls"

but in your example data, you have slashes. these are illigal characters in
a file name so i doubt that you have a file with slashes in the name. excel
would have thrown up error messages if you had tried to name a file with
slashes in it. in fact all of the follow characters are
illigal....forbidden.....taboo.....

regards
FSt1

From: TomHull on