From: Jeff Thies on
A. Deguza wrote:
> On May 23, 6:15 am, Jeff Thies <jeff_th...(a)att.net> wrote:
> [..]
>> Use IFRAMES.
>>

> Jeff,
>
> How would you do it with iframes? Content part can be within the
> iframe, then?
>
> Never done this before...

Use the Google:

http://www.yourhtmlsource.com/frames/inlineframes.html

Set the link target.

FWIW, I don't use iframes.

Jeff

From: A. Deguza on
On May 24, 10:08 am, Jeff Thies <jeff_th...(a)att.net> wrote:
> A. Deguza wrote:
> > On May 23, 6:15 am, Jeff Thies <jeff_th...(a)att.net> wrote:
> > [..]
> >> Use IFRAMES.
>
> > Jeff,
>
> > How would you do it with iframes? Content part can be within the
> > iframe, then?
>
> > Never done this before...
>
>   Use the Google:
>
> http://www.yourhtmlsource.com/frames/inlineframes.html
>
> Set the link target.
>
> FWIW, I don't use iframes.
>
>    Jeff
>

> > Deguza

I use iframes all the time. I am not sure how to get a different
iframe content with different links, though. It would be neat if it
can be done. I will investigate.

Anybody out there who can shed some light on to this?

Thanks,

Deguza
From: A. Deguza on

> I use iframes all the time. I am not sure how to get a different
> iframe content with different links, though. It would be neat if it
> can be done. I will investigate.
>
> Anybody out there who can shed some light on to this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Deguza

Doing a bit more search on Internet is revealing that this can be
done. One site says that the URL for the link should be something
like:

Attribute for <A ...>
TARGET = "_blank" | "_parent" | "_self" | "_top" | window name

TARGET controls where the new document will be displayed when the user
follows a link. Most of the time, clicking on a link simply loads a
new document in the same window where the link was. However, with
TARGET, you can have the new document open in a new window, or if you
are using frames, in another frame.
[..]

You can also use TARGET with MSIE's <IFRAME ...> and the NAME
attribute.

(this is from: http://www.htmlcodetutorial.com/linking/_A_TARGET.html
)

I will play around with this this evening.

Deguza
From: A. Deguza on

> Doing a bit more search on Internet is revealing that this can be
> done. One site says that the URL for the link should be something
> like:
>
> Attribute for <A ...>
> TARGET = "_blank" | "_parent" | "_self" | "_top" | window name
[..]

> You can also use TARGET with MSIE's <IFRAME ...> and the NAME
> attribute.
>
> (this is from:http://www.htmlcodetutorial.com/linking/_A_TARGET.html
> )
>
> I will play around with this this evening.

Checked it out, yes I am able to target the iframe area.

Deguza
From: Jonathan N. Little on
A. Deguza wrote:
> On May 22, 12:48 am, Molly Mockford<nospamnob...(a)mollymockford.me.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> Without a vertical scrollbar on that div, nobody will ever be able to
>> read its full content! Have a go with overflow:auto.

<snip sig>

> Hello Molly:
>
> Thanks for the comment. I was aware of the no scroll issue. This is
> just a mock-up, in the actual page I will recommend the person doing
> the page to fit each "project" to the area.

That is not a "solution", because you will never know exactly how many
words will exactly fit in your "project" area in your visitor's browser.
One instance of failure is when the visitor has his min font size > 14px.

--
Take care,

Jonathan
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO