From: Grady Knotts on
In earlier versions of Python I can do:
print 'A',
print 'B'
to print everything on the same line: 'A B'

But I don't know how to do this with Python3
I've been trying things like:
print('A',)
print('B')
and it prints two different lines.

So, do I get two different print statements to output on the same line?

From: Benjamin Kaplan on
On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 10:17 PM, Grady Knotts <gradyknotts(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> In earlier versions of Python I can do:
>        print 'A',
>        print 'B'
> to print everything on the same line: 'A B'
>
> But I don't know how to do this with Python3
> I've been trying things like:
>        print('A',)
>        print('B')
> and it prints two different lines.
>
> So, do I get two different print statements to output on the same line?

>>> help(print)
Help on built-in function print in module builtins:

print(...)
print(value, ..., sep=' ', end='\n', file=sys.stdout)

Prints the values to a stream, or to sys.stdout by default.
Optional keyword arguments:
file: a file-like object (stream); defaults to the current sys.stdout.
sep: string inserted between values, default a space.
end: string appended after the last value, default a newline.
From: Navkirat Singh on

On 10-Aug-2010, at 11:04 AM, Benjamin Kaplan wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 10:17 PM, Grady Knotts <gradyknotts(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> In earlier versions of Python I can do:
>> print 'A',
>> print 'B'
>> to print everything on the same line: 'A B'
>>
>> But I don't know how to do this with Python3
>> I've been trying things like:
>> print('A',)
>> print('B')
>> and it prints two different lines.
>>
>> So, do I get two different print statements to output on the same line?

> Help on built-in function print in module builtins:
>
> print(...)
> print(value, ..., sep=' ', end='\n', file=sys.stdout)
>
> Prints the values to a stream, or to sys.stdout by default.
> Optional keyword arguments:
> file: a file-like object (stream); defaults to the current sys.stdout.
> sep: string inserted between values, default a space.
> end: string appended after the last value, default a newline.

One method of doing this:

Use the join method of the string:

print( "".join( [ 'A' , '<space> B' ] )

This will give you :

'A<space>B'

I have used extra spaces just for clarity. Hope this helps !

Nav
From: Steven D'Aprano on
On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 00:17:03 -0500, Grady Knotts wrote:

> In earlier versions of Python I can do:
> print 'A',
> print 'B'
> to print everything on the same line: 'A B'
>
> But I don't know how to do this with Python3 I've been trying things
> like:
> print('A',)
> print('B')
> and it prints two different lines.
>
> So, do I get two different print statements to output on the same line?

print("Hello", end=' ')
print("world")

outputs:

Hello world