From: Thad Floryan on
On 3/7/2010 2:24 PM, Xah Lee wrote:
> For those of you emacs users on Windows, if you wish to swap Control
> and Alt key, or make the Caps Lock key to be Control, i wrote some
> Windows utilitiy that does it painlessly.
>
> http://xahlee.org/mswin/autohotkey_swap_capslock.html
>
> Just download and run the executable. You disable it easily too by
> pulling a menu.

You may be interested to know the following free program works on
every version of Windows (including Vista and Win7):

Writeup:

<http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897578.aspx>

Download:

<http://download.sysinternals.com/Files/Ctrl2Cap.zip> [47KB]
From: Futu Ranon on

http://www.kinesis-ergo.com/advantage.htm
From: Raymond Toy on
On 3/9/10 12:00 PM, Thomas A. Russ wrote:
> Paul Donnelly <paul-donnelly(a)sbcglobal.net> writes:
>
>> Somebody ought to invent a keyboard with a control key for each hand.
>
> Hmmm. I've been using those for years.
>
> The standard full size Mac keyboard has had control and meta keys next
> to each other at both ends of the keyboard. But some of the smaller
> ones (and the fancy wireless one) don't have the full symmetry.

My ancient Omnikey Ultra keyboard has two control keys. And the
capslock and control key are programmable on the keyboard to be
switchable, and it even came with swappable keycaps to show that the
keys were switched.

Too bad I no longer have a computer with a DIN or PS/2 keyboard
connector. I really miss my noisy Omnikey keyboard. (I'm too cheap to
pay for a PS/2 to USB dongle.)

Ray