From: Lynn McGuire on
> My platform is anything from DOS 6.22 to win XP. Take your pick.
> Watcom looks like i could
> be a good resource. The website is not clear about what files I'm
> supposed to download for a full installlation. I'm not interested in
> the source code. It looks like it has a sizable manual with tutorial,
> but I did not taqke time to read it in detail. My pet peeve with free
> compilers is there is little information about how to get the
> compliler to work, whee the froject source code belongs, etc. Now if
> time is no object, one could spend hours screwing with it and figure
> it out; an option that's not available to me.

> I haqve Intel Visual Fortran that I just installed. Operation is not
> intuitive. Documentation is poor. It's goode if the user needed a
> refresher course, but poor for the first time user. So if you, or
> anyone else here has experience with Intel Fortran, please drop me a
> line.

> Jeff

Sorry, but you are going to have to read some manuals. The Open Watcom
manuals are at http://www.openwatcom.org/index.php/Manuals . Specifically
you need to take a look at http://www.openwatcom.org/ftp/manuals/current/f_readme.pdf .

Lynn

From: robin on
"rfengineer55" <rfengineer55(a)aol.com> wrote in message
| I'm Compiling some Fortran source from the FCC using a couple
| compilers. One is Gfortran, the other is Microsoft Fortran 5.1 and I'm
| running into some compile errors due to som dialect differences
| between the VA VMS aqnd Fortran 77.
|
| I have Googled until my fingers a sore from typing, and I have not
| found a good resource that comprehensively spells out the dialect
| differences. Anyone in the group here know of such a source? Anyone
| here have experience with going from VAX VMS fortran to Fortran 77?

Better to go from VMS FORTRAN to Fortran 95.

FORTRAN 77 is obsolete.

From: e p chandler on
"rfengineer55" wrote

> I'm Compiling some Fortran source from the FCC using a couple [of]
> compilers [snip]
> I'm running into some compile errors due to some dialect differences
> between the VAX/VMS
> and Fortran 77. [snip]
> I have not found a good resource that comprehensively spells out the
> dialect
> differences. Anyone in the group here know of such a source?

see
http://www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/RZ/software/SUNWspro/fortran/f77rm/index.html
for a Sun Fortran 77 language reference, in particular, go down to Appendix
D - VMS Language Extensions.

But why not jump to Fortran 95 or newer?

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: subroutine reference
Next: gfortran