From: DIOS on
I've been looking for over an hour now for an Add-In to the VB6 IDE
that will save my code bookmarks. MZTools claims to save bookmarks but
what it saves is the location of the routine that the bookmark is
located in. Not very useful. I've also found several other add-ins but
they only seem to work with VC6.

Anyone know of a simple add-in for Vb6 that will save and load
bookmarks per project?

many thanks
AGP
From: Ralph on
DIOS wrote:
> I've been looking for over an hour now for an Add-In to the VB6 IDE
> that will save my code bookmarks. MZTools claims to save bookmarks but
> what it saves is the location of the routine that the bookmark is
> located in. Not very useful. I've also found several other add-ins but
> they only seem to work with VC6.
>
> Anyone know of a simple add-in for Vb6 that will save and load
> bookmarks per project?

Give it up. There ain't one.

Remember trying out an Addon off the web several years ago - it kinda
worked, but mostly didn't. The VBE 'object' outside the 'Bookmark' utility
doesn't know where they are either.

The only solution is a comment with a unique string or common string and
search for it.

-ralph

From: MikeD on

"Ralph" <nt_consulting64(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> DIOS wrote:
>> I've been looking for over an hour now for an Add-In to the VB6 IDE
>> that will save my code bookmarks. MZTools claims to save bookmarks but
>> what it saves is the location of the routine that the bookmark is
>> located in. Not very useful. I've also found several other add-ins but
>> they only seem to work with VC6.
>>
>> Anyone know of a simple add-in for Vb6 that will save and load
>> bookmarks per project?
>>

> Give it up. There ain't one.
>
> Remember trying out an Addon off the web several years ago - it kinda
> worked, but mostly didn't. The VBE 'object' outside the 'Bookmark' utility
> doesn't know where they are either.
>
> The only solution is a comment with a unique string or common string and
> search for it.

What I do is just "use" an undeclared variable at the place I want
"bookmarked". Save, and close VB. Come back the next day or whenever,
press F5 and VB takes you right to it (assuming of course that you're using
Option Explicit and there is no other code that VB would choke on).

--
Mike

From: Nobody on
"MikeD" <nobody(a)nowhere.edu> wrote in message
> What I do is just "use" an undeclared variable at the place I want
> "bookmarked". Save, and close VB. Come back the next day or whenever,
> press F5 and VB takes you right to it (assuming of course that you're
> using Option Explicit and there is no other code that VB would choke on).

I use something similar sometimes. I just use "!" by itself or after the end
of a line by few spaces. The line would appear red when I click elsewhere,
indicating a syntax error.

From: Bob Butler on

"Nobody" <nobody(a)nobody.com> wrote in message
> "MikeD" <nobody(a)nowhere.edu> wrote in message
>> What I do is just "use" an undeclared variable at the place I want
>> "bookmarked". Save, and close VB. Come back the next day or whenever,
>> press F5 and VB takes you right to it (assuming of course that you're
>> using Option Explicit and there is no other code that VB would choke on).
>
> I use something similar sometimes. I just use "!" by itself or after the
> end of a line by few spaces. The line would appear red when I click
> elsewhere, indicating a syntax error.

I typically just put "' !!!" after a line; no syntax errors so I can ignore
it until I'm ready to deal with it and then it's easy to search for !!! and
finish whatever is missing