From: Curt J on
I have a chart that is automatically produced from Cognos. I export the data
into Excel, but the data for X and Y axis is contained in the chart. How do
I export that data into a spreedsheet?
From: JLatham on
Cognos Impromptu?
I don't work with it directly myself, but our accounting department uses it
to extract data from databases. Don't know that they build any charts with
it. But... since data for a chart must becoming from a query somewhere,
couldn't you create a query or to provide the data that's being used to make
the chart as a table and then export the table to Excel?

From: JLatham on
In case I missed the mark entirely, perhaps this link will help you:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300643
Article (with code) title: Macro to extract data from a chart in Excel

From: Curt on
This link was exactly what I was looking for! Thank you so much.

If you can do this last step then great, but if not you've already been so
helpful.

Is it possible for you to always select the same chart from a partficular
sheet?
For example, the active chart is always in "sheet4" No other charts ever
exist in "sheet4".

thanks!

Curt J

From: Herbert Seidenberg on
Excel 2007
Get xy data and name from a non-embedded chart.
http://c0444202.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/11_21_09.xlsm