From: Lost in Microbiology on
I have a vlookup that works for the first 14, columns I want to reference.
But when I get to the 15th column I get the #REF error.

This is the formula:
=VLOOKUP($A2,$A$1100:$N$7704,14,FALSE)

Is there a limit on the number of columns a VLOOKUP array can have?
From: Jim Thomlinson on
No there is no limit. Most likely you have #Ref errors somewhere in your
source table.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

From: Gord Dibben on
A to N is 14 columns in your lookup table.

15 will certainly give an error.

Change N to O and you have 15 columns.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

From: Jim Thomlinson on
Good catch... that is more likely the error. I always use index match which
will avoid this type of issue.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson