From: Shiju Samuel on
Is it a good idea to host a SQL Server on Virtual machines with vmware
and vmotion?

--
Shiju Samuel
From: Uri Dimant on
As ususaly it depends
Google for VMWare_BestPractice.doc and read it

From: TheSQLGuru on
Yes.
No.
Maybe.

The answer for YOUR company depends on a many factors. I would recommend
getting some professional help on board BEFORE you embark on this action
(actually just to help you figure out if you SHOULD do it or not).

--
Kevin G. Boles
Indicium Resources, Inc.

From: Shiju Samuel on
Uri Dimant wrote:

> As ususaly it depends
> Google for VMWare_BestPractice.doc and read it

Thanks I will do that

--
Shiju Samuel

From: Shiju Samuel on
TheSQLGuru wrote:

> The answer for YOUR company depends on a many factors. I would
> recommend getting some professional help on board BEFORE you embark
> on this action (actually just to help you figure out if you SHOULD do
> it or not).

Hi Kevin,

Can you be able to list out some of the many factors which you forsee
and need to be considered?

Thanks
Shiju Samuel