From: smay on
I've updated a reference in my VS.NET 2008 web project that I know will cause
errors (methods no longer supported, etc). The class is used by multiple
pages in my project, however when I build or rebuild the project, only the
errors on any file(s) are shown in the Error List. If a file with an error
is not open it is not listed in the Error List.

Is there a setting for this or another way to cause the Error List to show
all project errors?
From: Brian Cryer on
"smay" <smay(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've updated a reference in my VS.NET 2008 web project that I know will
> cause
> errors (methods no longer supported, etc). The class is used by multiple
> pages in my project, however when I build or rebuild the project, only the
> errors on any file(s) are shown in the Error List. If a file with an
> error
> is not open it is not listed in the Error List.
>
> Is there a setting for this or another way to cause the Error List to show
> all project errors?

Sorry, this isn't a direct answer to your question - but I know the Error
List sometimes doesn't show all errors and sometimes shows the wrong
errors - I find that if there is any doubt looking at the compiler output
rather than the error list gives me a better indication of what problems
exist.
--
Brian Cryer
http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian