Prev: NewsReader
Next: UHARC
From: PanHandler on
Hi - Looking for a VU meter like we used to see on cassette recorders to
monitor sound card output.
TIA

From: dadiOH on
PanHandler wrote:
> Hi - Looking for a VU meter like we used to see on cassette recorders
> to monitor sound card output.
> TIA

You can sort through these...
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=free+vu+meter&btnG=Search

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

From: PanHandler on

"dadiOH" <dadiOH(a)wherever.com> wrote in message
> PanHandler wrote:
>> Hi - Looking for a VU meter like we used to see on cassette recorders
>> to monitor sound card output.
>> TIA
>
> You can sort through these...
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=free+vu+meter&btnG=Search

Thank you. I did Google for it before making my request here, but none will
work with Windows Media Player. The *one* that does run alongside WMP causes
severe distortion, probably because of conflict with my Creative Extigy
sound card.

From: dadiOH on
PanHandler wrote:
> "dadiOH" <dadiOH(a)wherever.com> wrote in message
>> PanHandler wrote:
>>> Hi - Looking for a VU meter like we used to see on cassette
>>> recorders to monitor sound card output.
>>> TIA
>>
>> You can sort through these...
>> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=free+vu+meter&btnG=Search
>
> Thank you. I did Google for it before making my request here, but
> none will work with Windows Media Player. The *one* that does run
> alongside WMP causes severe distortion, probably because of conflict
> with my Creative Extigy sound card.

Creative didn't include a recorder? Most of which have a VU meter even
if rudimentary. What is it you want to do?

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

From: PanHandler on

> PanHandler wrote:
>> "dadiOH" <dadiOH(a)wherever.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> You can sort through these...
>>> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=free+vu+meter&btnG=Search
>>
>> Thank you. I did Google for it before making my request here, but
>> none will work with Windows Media Player. The *one* that does run
>> alongside WMP causes severe distortion, probably because of conflict
>> with my Creative Extigy sound card.
>
> Creative didn't include a recorder? Most of which have a VU meter even
> if rudimentary. What is it you want to do?

Kinda silly, but I have a three-computer, seven monitor setup in my den,
where we often party. I have over 17,000 mp3's, and allow friends to search
for and play their favorites. Two monitors will be running slide shows,
another WMP, then the search window, etc. I'd like to have an analog VU
meter on another screen - just for the visual effect. All in all, it's a
pretty cool setup - including a bitchin' sound system.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: NewsReader
Next: UHARC