From: Jacob Andersen on
Hi

On a CustomValidator I have ErrorMessage="You cannot enter <, >, &lt; or
&gt;". When CustomValidator.IsValid is false the error message is
rendered as "You cannot enter <, >, < or >". How can I avoid this
decoding?

PS. Yes, I know the error message is stupid but it's needed in this case
:-)

From: Harlan Messinger on
Jacob Andersen wrote:
> Hi
>
> On a CustomValidator I have ErrorMessage="You cannot enter <, >, &lt; or
> &gt;". When CustomValidator.IsValid is false the error message is
> rendered as "You cannot enter <, >, < or >". How can I avoid this
> decoding?
>
> PS. Yes, I know the error message is stupid but it's needed in this case
> :-)

That's interesting. Well, try "You cannot enter <, >, &amp;lt; or &amp;gt;."
From: Jacob Andersen on
In article <88k6t9FouhU1(a)mid.individual.net>,
hmessinger.removethis(a)comcast.net says...

> > On a CustomValidator I have ErrorMessage="You cannot enter <, >,
&lt; or
> > &gt;". When CustomValidator.IsValid is false the error message is
> > rendered as "You cannot enter <, >, < or >". How can I avoid this
> > decoding?
> >
> > PS. Yes, I know the error message is stupid but it's needed in this case
> > :-)
>
> That's interesting. Well, try "You cannot enter <, >, &amp;lt; or &amp;gt;."

Hi! Your suggestion renders:

"You cannot enter <, >, < or >."

Very strange! That means the ErrorMessage is double decoded. Does anyone
have a solution or hack to this problem?

From: Sarath Babu S on
Try this out:

CustomValidator I have ErrorMessage="You cannot enter <, >, &amp;lt; or
&amp;gt;"

Sarath Babu S
http://www.consultsarath.com/