From: BlairH on
Can I set a variable to refer to a workbook, e.g.:

Dim mywkbk as workbook

mywkbk = activeworkbook

that way if another workbook becomes active the mywkbk will refer to the
original workbook.

it just doesn't want to work for me.

I can do this:

Dim mywkbk as string

mywkbk = activeworkbook.name

then use workbooks(mywkbk) to refer to the workbook.

any way to get the first method to work in XL 2003?
From: Jackpot on
Use the Set statement which assigns an object reference to a variable or
property.

Dim mywkbk as workbook
Set mywkbk = Activeworkbook
Msgbox myWkbk.Name