From: DB on

"DB" <x(a)x.com> wrote in message
> Have a Toshiba 30HF85 30" TV. There are vertical lines at the top of the
> screen. I believe I need to replace the cap near the vertical hold IC.
> Where is the vertical hold IC? Thanks.

Mistake!! I have horizontal lines near top of screen!! Sorry.

From: stratus46 on
On Jun 22, 5:08 pm, "DB" <x...(a)x.com> wrote:
> "DB" <x...(a)x.com> wrote in message

> > Have a Toshiba 30HF85 30" TV.  There are vertical lines at the top of the
> > screen.  I believe I need to replace the cap near the vertical hold IC.
> > Where is the vertical hold IC?  Thanks.
>
> Mistake!!  I have horizontal lines near top of screen!!  Sorry.

If you can't find the vertical section, it's reasonable to assume you
can't find the dangerous EHT section either. I strongly recommend you
find someone to repair it for you.

From: Meat Plow on
On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 20:08:53 -0400, DB ǝʇoɹʍ:

> "DB" <x(a)x.com> wrote in message
>> Have a Toshiba 30HF85 30" TV. There are vertical lines at the top of
>> the screen. I believe I need to replace the cap near the vertical hold
>> IC. Where is the vertical hold IC? Thanks.
>>

> Mistake!! I have horizontal lines near top of screen!! Sorry.

Take it to a repair shop before you hurt yourself or worse.
From: DB on

"DB" <x(a)x.com> wrote in message

> "DB" <x(a)x.com> wrote in message
>> Have a Toshiba 30HF85 30" TV. There are vertical lines at the top of the
>> screen. I believe I need to replace the cap near the vertical hold IC.
>> Where is the vertical hold IC? Thanks.
>>

> Mistake!! I have horizontal lines near top of screen!! Sorry.

Listen guys. I have a 2 year degree in elect/electronics. I know all about
the high voltage. I've been inside many a crt's without getting fried. I
once fixed a crt monitor by replacing a dead cap. I appreciate the concern.

New development: I realized it's as if the picture size has been increased
vertically to where the image has returned at the top but upside down. Is
there an adjustment or do I need to replace a component? Thanks.

From: Meat Plow on
On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 10:18:24 -0400, DB ǝʇoɹʍ:

> "DB" <x(a)x.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "DB" <x(a)x.com> wrote in message
>>> Have a Toshiba 30HF85 30" TV. There are vertical lines at the top of
>>> the screen. I believe I need to replace the cap near the vertical
>>> hold IC. Where is the vertical hold IC? Thanks.
>>>

>> Mistake!! I have horizontal lines near top of screen!! Sorry.
>>

> Listen guys. I have a 2 year degree in elect/electronics.

I have a 35 year degree in experience on the job. The structure of your
questions are a dead giveaway (no pun intended) that you should not be
inside the back of a set relying on your associates degree to protect you.
That is unless you wrap it around your hand as an insulator.