From: Quaxo on
Hello,
I just acquired an used, but perfect, 82240B printer (without a
manual, but at less than $10 I think it was worth it!). It works
perfectly, but I have a problem with screen printouts.
If I use it with my 48GX, both text prints (like program listings) and
screen printouts are rather fast; for example, when printing a graph,
the printer draws about a line every 1.5-2 seconds.
But if I use it with my HP50g, the text prints are still fast, but the
screen printouts are unbearably slow (about one line every 3-4
*minutes*).
If I set the printer delay to something really small, say 0.01
seconds, the screen dumps get faster (one line every 5-6 seconds) but
then I get loss of data with text printouts. It looks like the hp50
inserts the given delay hundreds of times per line.
Is there a problem with my calculator? What can I do to be able to
print both text and graphs without having to change the delay time
every time (or without waiting more than half an hour for a single
graph)?

Thank you,
Cristian
From: Dave on
On Mar 13, 4:46 am, Quaxo <macavit...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I just acquired an used, but perfect, 82240B printer (without a
> manual, but at less than $10 I think it was worth it!). It works
> perfectly, but I have a problem with screen printouts.
> If I use it with my 48GX, both text prints (like program listings) and
> screen printouts are rather fast; for example, when printing a graph,
> the printer draws about a line every 1.5-2 seconds.
> But if I use it with my HP50g, the text prints are still fast, but the
> screen printouts are unbearably slow (about one line every 3-4
> *minutes*).
> If I set the printer delay to something really small, say 0.01
> seconds, the screen dumps get faster (one line every 5-6 seconds) but
> then I get loss of data with text printouts. It looks like the hp50
> inserts the given delay hundreds of times per line.
> Is there a problem with my calculator? What can I do to be able to
> print both text and graphs without having to change the delay time
> every time (or without waiting more than half an hour for a single
> graph)?
>
> Thank you,
> Cristian

I have the same problem with my 50g, and it's quite annoying. My best
suggestion would be to write small wrapper programs that save the
current DELAY value (extract it from PRTPAR), then set it to 0, print,
and restore the DELAY. This could still be an issue when using PR1 or
PRVAR without knowing ahead of time if the object is a GROB. I've
resigned myself to just using the 48 for any significant printing.

-Dave Britten