From: Dave on
Jonathan, I have read through this post and I want to say that I have Windows
Live Messenger 2009 (build 14.0.8089.726) running on Vista Home Premium
(SP1). I have only tried connecting to one person with both audio and video
and they are running Windows 7. On just the phone call portion I can hear
them but they cannot hear me. With video added we can both see each other
but the audio problem remains. I have verified on both ends that both the
mic and speaker tests work fine locally. I would have thought this problem
would be resolved with Messenger 2009 but apparantly this scenario still has
a bug. Do you know anything I could try?

Dave