Prev: SMT rework
Next: Parts
From: Mino on
Meat Plow <mhywatt(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>Were those pictures captured from the VTR in question? If so I guess I
>missed the point of the pictures.

The pictures are frames from a video, shot with a video-camera. That
video was copied to a normal-sized VHS cassette. I played the
videotape on 2 different VCRs and captured the exact same frame to
show how one of my VCR behaves, compared to a working one.
From: stratus46 on
On Aug 2, 11:00 am, Meat Plow <mhyw...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 17:48:25 +0000, Mino wrote:
> > Meat Plow <mhyw...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >>Those two links were pictures of a Yamaha multi-track recorder????????
>
> > Yes they are and that recorder was used by a total incompetent.
>
> Were those pictures captured from the VTR in question? If so I guess I
> missed the point of the pictures.

Note the tearing in the time/date text from the VCR. The Yamaha is
just there to throw us off.

From: Meat Plow on
On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 18:41:05 -0700, stratus46 wrote:

> On Aug 2, 11:00 am, Meat Plow <mhyw...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>> > Yes they are and that recorder was used by a total incompetent.
>>
>> Were those pictures captured from the VTR in question? If so I guess I
>> missed the point of the pictures.
>
> Note the tearing in the time/date text from the VCR. The Yamaha is just
> there to throw us off.
>
> G²

Yeah I saw that on a second look. My fix would be to clean the video
head. If that didn't do it, pull and replace it. I started out in the VTR
repair world back when it took two people to life a U-Matic deck on the
workbench.
From: Adrian C on
On 03/08/2010 14:41, Meat Plow wrote:
I started out in the VTR
> repair world back when it took two people to life a U-Matic deck on the
> workbench.

Resuscitate? Kiss of life?

--
Adrian C
From: Meat Plow on
On Tue, 03 Aug 2010 22:23:07 +0100, Adrian C wrote:

> On 03/08/2010 14:41, Meat Plow wrote:
> I started out in the VTR
>> repair world back when it took two people to life a U-Matic deck on the
>> workbench.
>
> Resuscitate? Kiss of life?

LOL

--