From: goldy on
I Use Windows XP And Other Applications Like Excel And Word. Also Do
Some Video Editing But That's About It , No Games. I AM Using A ATI
AIW X1900 At This Time And It Seems OK For That I Do. Would It Pay To
Spend A Lot On A New Video Card Like The HD 5870. Any Input
Appreciated.
Thanks,
goldy
From: Man-wai Chang to The Door (33600bps) on
On 3/28/2010 20:17, goldy wrote:
> I Use Windows XP And Other Applications Like Excel And Word. Also Do
> Some Video Editing But That's About It , No Games. I AM Using A ATI
> AIW X1900 At This Time And It Seems OK For That I Do. Would It Pay To
> Spend A Lot On A New Video Card Like The HD 5870. Any Input

If you wanna indulge yourself in DirectX games, yes! I think 5770 is
sufficient for you and has better price-performance than 5830!

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.33.1
From: Benjamin Gawert on
Am 28.03.2010 13:17, * goldy:
> I Use Windows XP And Other Applications Like Excel And Word. Also Do
> Some Video Editing But That's About It , No Games. I AM Using A ATI
> AIW X1900 At This Time And It Seems OK For That I Do. Would It Pay To
> Spend A Lot On A New Video Card Like The HD 5870. Any Input
> Appreciated.

As no-one has really answered your question: no, it wouldn't pay. If
your X1900 is still working there is no need to spend any money on a new
gfx card.

Ben