From: Eric Lindsay on
I would like to add a linear gradient fill via CSS to the viewport at
the bottom of any page whose contents exceed the viewport area. This is
to provide an indicator that the content overflows the container, by
fading the last few lines of text from (whatever colour they are) to
white. As far as I can see, only mobile Safari fails to provide a
browser scroll bar, so I would add this via a media query targeting only
iPads and iPhones.

I have not found many examples of this use of a linear gradient fill.
Anyone have any suggestions, apart from using Fixed positioning to
locate the fill? Anyone seen any examples of this sort of page?
--
via iPad