From: Jessica on
Thanks for Bob for your reply. However the DVD's are good, I greated 8 of
them for lab purposes and this was the first time they had ever been used.

It appears that I did not post to the correct discussion group. So I will
move on to Vista discussion. Again thank you.

--
astro44

From: VanguardLH on
Jessica(a)aol.com wrote:

> Hello...
>
> when I attempted to upgrade from Windows XP to Vista I experience the
> following problems.
>
> But the hardware compatibility I have met.
> Now the problems:
> - Ran the DVD and attempted a basic upgrade _corrupted file at 80% of
> install from DVD~are versions used was 32-bit
> -" " basic upgrade_fail
> -" "full installation_fail -
> finished the installation and rebooted but did not upgrade returned back to
> windows XP
>
> -" "finally the installation with
> Ultima finished the installation and rebooted but did not upgrade returned
> back to windows XP
>
> Basically, if I attempt to do an upgrade or a full installation it will go
> through all of the processes but when rebooting the system returns to Windows
> XP.
>
> Thanks you>>>>>

Since the upgrade fails, it unrolls whatever changes it made (and then
reboots) which returns you to your prior state which was running Windows XP.

If a file is corrupted on the install disc, see if you can copy all its
files into a temp folder on a hard disk (in a different partition that where
is the OS) and run the setup program from there. If the copy fails then
perhaps you have a defective or damaged disc; in that case, call Microsoft
for a replacement (or whomever is the OEM if it is an OEM version of Vista).