From: FP Novice on
I would like to flag a cell with an A for active or I for inactve (lets say
cell A1) and based on the entry have another cell (G1) populate an entry
from another worksheet.

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(A7,'EQN''s'!$A$1:$B$2048,2,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(A7,'EQN''s'!$A$1:$B$2048,2,FALSE))

The catch being that it will be dynamic in the sense that the data retrieved
can be reused if it ever becomes inactive again.

So I have some dilema's.

1) When cell A1 is marked active I not only want to populate the
cell with data from Sheet2 ('EQN's) I also want the cell referenced (Bn) on
Sheet2 to be made unavailable for future selection. When A1 is marke inactive
on Sheet1 (Record) I want the the cell referenced (Bn) on Sheet2 made
available again.

Right now I can't get the process to stop being linear in its search process.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I would be happy to provide my project to be looked at.

Thanks,
Todd