From: David Hester on
Can't find any info on this device. I need to know what the output
voltage should be. I'm assuming 3 volts, but would like to know for
sure. It is getting red hot on the circuit board and is outputting
around 7 volts.
From: ehsjr on
David Hester wrote:
> Can't find any info on this device. I need to know what the output
> voltage should be. I'm assuming 3 volts, but would like to know for
> sure. It is getting red hot on the circuit board and is outputting
> around 7 volts.

Post details - what equipment (make, model#) is it installed in?
How do you know it is outputting 7 volts - ie how do you know
the pin is the output pin vs the input pin? Did you measure
the input voltage? What is the device package? How do you know
it is a voltage regulator vs something else? Maybe with more
details someone will recognize the thing.

Ed