From: JGE on

I have a Vx running OS 3.5.3. When I Hotsync (in a USB cradle)
it hangs, saying "StringMgr.c, Line 67, NULL string passed" and
offering a RESET button. It reboots fine, no harm done.

I think my Desktop software and hardware are fine, because when
I bring out another of my stable of Vx's, it works fine. (Actually, I
was getting a "conduit broken" when sync'ing Datebook, but deleting
the desktop "User Data" file fixed that.

Ideas ?

From: Harold Fuchs on

"JGE" <jge(a)cs.unc.edu> wrote in message

> I have a Vx running OS 3.5.3. When I Hotsync (in a USB cradle)
> it hangs, saying "StringMgr.c, Line 67, NULL string passed" and
> offering a RESET button. It reboots fine, no harm done.
>
> I think my Desktop software and hardware are fine, because when
> I bring out another of my stable of Vx's, it works fine. (Actually, I
> was getting a "conduit broken" when sync'ing Datebook, but deleting
> the desktop "User Data" file fixed that.
>
> Ideas ?

Can you specify separately which conduit(s) get sync'd?

If you can do this then try sync'ing each conduit separately until you find
the one that causes the problem. Then look at recent entries in the data
relating to that conduit. For example, if sync'ing Contacts causes the
error, take a *close* look at any contact data you've added, deleted or
modified recently - since just before you started getting the errors. Try
deleting/re-adding recent entries/deletions/changes and re-sync'ing that
conduit; perhaps the problem will go away.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England

From: JGE on

It pretty much happens instantly, before it gets to any of the
conduits.
But I will try deleting by one, one by one, and see if the crash stops
happening. Thanks.