From: Paul H on
The forums are no help - just confusing. These newsgroups are better. I
guess Microsoft wants to avoid answering questions by using these forums to
discourage people like me. They win, of course. I'm out of luck if I want
to ask a simple question and get answers like other newsgroups.

From: Tim Slattery on
"Paul H" <NoSpamphobergNoSpam(a)att.net> wrote:

>My W7 Home Premium has stopped remembering all of my user IDs. When I log
>into various sites - banks, things like Vonage, etc. my ID no longer pops up
>automatically. After I have re-entered it, it forgets again next time. Is
>there an option that got reset? If so, I wonder how? TIA, Paul

Is this your computer or your employers? If it belongs to your
employer, they may have implemented a policy turning off this option.

--
Tim Slattery
Slattery_T(a)bls.gov
From: Tim Slattery on
"Paul H" <NoSpamphobergNoSpam(a)att.net> wrote:

>The forums are no help - just confusing. These newsgroups are better. I
>guess Microsoft wants to avoid answering questions by using these forums to
>discourage people like me. They win, of course. I'm out of luck if I want
>to ask a simple question and get answers like other newsgroups.

1) Microsoft never answered questions here, it's peer support

2) These groups will continue on other Usenet servers. Check your ISP,
or google for Usenet servers. Check www.eternal-september.org for a
free one.

From: Paul H on
Mine! In my home.

From: Paul H on
That peer support is invaluable! People all over the world give me answers
on everything!

I just looked at eternal September. Not a newsgroup...