From: Ben Fullerton on
This is probably the wrong place to look but ....

I recently had a problem with a hard drive and decided to start over after
after copying all of my personal files that I had stored on that drive ...
and then formatting it.

Next thing that I discovered is that my W98SE CD has somehow gotten
scratched, and was unreadable. :-(

So, I am using yet another HD with another (stripped) W98SE OS and trying
to find an original W98SE CD that someone is no longer using.

It would be a big bonus if it came with the necessary tools to completely
remove all traces of Internet Explorer, but with any non-IE upgrades that
might be of use for some of the later graphics software.

I am willing to pay a reasonable amount for the above BUT do not want to
have to fight with Canadian Customs, and so would prefer a Canadian
source.

Suggestions anyone?

Ben F.

reply here or e-mail me at

benf
(at)
chebucto.ca
From: user on

http://www.ebay.ca/

From: mdp on
user wrote:
> "Ben Fullerton" <benfnospam(a)chebucto.ns.ca> wrote in message
>> This is probably the wrong place to look but ....
>>
>> I recently had a problem with a hard drive and decided to start over
>> after after copying all of my personal files that I had stored on
>> that drive ... and then formatting it.
>>
>> Next thing that I discovered is that my W98SE CD has somehow gotten
>> scratched, and was unreadable. :-(
>>
>> So, I am using yet another HD with another (stripped) W98SE OS and
>> trying to find an original W98SE CD that someone is no longer using.
>>
>> It would be a big bonus if it came with the necessary tools to
>> completely remove all traces of Internet Explorer, but with any
>> non-IE upgrades that might be of use for some of the later graphics
>> software.
>>
>> I am willing to pay a reasonable amount for the above BUT do not
>> want to have to fight with Canadian Customs, and so would prefer a
>> Canadian source.
>>
>> Suggestions anyone?
>>
>> Ben F.
>>
>> reply here or e-mail me at
>>
>> benf
>> (at)
>> chebucto.ca
>
> http://www.ebay.ca/

Another source:

http://ostg.pricegrabber.com/search_attrib.php?form_keyword=98&topcat_id=&Search=Go&page_id=186&lo_p=0&hi_p=0

From: user on

"mdp" <markdpend(a)spambegone.aol.com> wrote in message news:45ff6cd4$0$16740$4c368faf(a)roadrunner.com...
> user wrote:
> > "Ben Fullerton" <benfnospam(a)chebucto.ns.ca> wrote in message
> >> This is probably the wrong place to look but ....
> >>
> >> I recently had a problem with a hard drive and decided to start over
> >> after after copying all of my personal files that I had stored on
> >> that drive ... and then formatting it.
> >>
> >> Next thing that I discovered is that my W98SE CD has somehow gotten
> >> scratched, and was unreadable. :-(
> >>
> >> So, I am using yet another HD with another (stripped) W98SE OS and
> >> trying to find an original W98SE CD that someone is no longer using.
> >>
> >> It would be a big bonus if it came with the necessary tools to
> >> completely remove all traces of Internet Explorer, but with any
> >> non-IE upgrades that might be of use for some of the later graphics
> >> software.
> >>
> >> I am willing to pay a reasonable amount for the above BUT do not
> >> want to have to fight with Canadian Customs, and so would prefer a
> >> Canadian source.
> >>
> >> Suggestions anyone?
> >>
> >> Ben F.
> >>
> >> reply here or e-mail me at
> >>
> >> benf
> >> (at)
> >> chebucto.ca
> >
> > http://www.ebay.ca/
>
> Another source:
>
> http://ostg.pricegrabber.com/search_attrib.php?form_keyword=98&topcat_id=&Search=Go&page_id=186&lo_p=0&hi_p=0

Plenty of sources out there.

Oh yeah, and for the OP
you`ll like 98lite once you`ve acquired 98se.

http://www.litepc.com/98lite.html

From: Ryan Weihl on
Ben Fullerton wrote:

> This is probably the wrong place to look but ....
>
> I recently had a problem with a hard drive and decided to start over
> after after copying all of my personal files that I had stored on
> that drive ... and then formatting it.
>
> Next thing that I discovered is that my W98SE CD has somehow gotten
> scratched, and was unreadable. :-(
>
> So, I am using yet another HD with another (stripped) W98SE OS and
> trying to find an original W98SE CD that someone is no longer using.
>
> It would be a big bonus if it came with the necessary tools to
> completely remove all traces of Internet Explorer, but with any
> non-IE upgrades that might be of use for some of the later graphics
> software.
>
> I am willing to pay a reasonable amount for the above BUT do not want
> to have to fight with Canadian Customs, and so would prefer a Canadian
> source.
>
> Suggestions anyone?
>
> Ben F.
>
> reply here or e-mail me at
>
> benf
> (at)
> chebucto.ca

I got one, I dont charge the ebay prices, and I live in toronto
and this e-mail addr is bogus of course
cost of material and shipping and a alxander keith
rw