From: Greg KH on
On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 07:33:34PM -0600, Alex Chiang wrote:
> * Eric Paris <eparis(a)redhat.com>:
> >
> > I get one for 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, 5.0. Below I only show the
> > example for 1.0. Attached should be the full dmesg and config. Please
> > let me know about any ideas, tests, questions, or things I can do to
> > help debug the spew....
>
> These come from a patch I wrote, but unfortunately, I don't have
> the time or hardware to properly debug them. :(

It should be simple, for any dynamically allocated sysfs attribute, just
call sysfs_attribute_initialize() before registering it with the sysfs
core, and you will get rid of these messages.

If you have a pointer to your patch, I'll be glad to generate an add-on
patch to resolve this issue.

thanks,

greg k-h