From: Edward W. Thompson on
I have tried to run 'Chkdsk' on the Win7 partition. At boot up and after
the Windows logo I get a black screen with the message to the effect that
Chkdsk has been scheduled and beneath that another saying 'Chkdsk' has been
cancelled. The bootup pauses at this screen for about 10 sec and the bootup
continues, that is 'Chkdsk' does not run. There are no means to select
whether to run or cancel 'Chkdsk' during the bootup.

How do I run 'Chdsk' or do I have a fault, if so how to correct the fault?

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Post here instead, please, Edward:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7performance/threads