From: Steve Pierce Steve on
I think I may have the issue figured out!

First, type run, then msconfig. Once in the msconfog click on the startup
tab. Once in there look for the Realtek HD Audio item. You should see an item
called RTHDCPL in the list. THIS IS REQUIRED IN ORDER TO GET THE AUDIO (MIC)
ON THE BUILT IN NETBOOK WEB CAM TO WORK CORRECTLY WITH WINDOWS LIVE
MESSENGER! I accidentally turned this off when I first purchased my computer
and I should not have. Reboot the PC and then try messenger video chat again
and see if you can be heard now! It worked for me.

P.S. If that does not do it, try downloading the newest HD Audio Codec (just
realeased on 4/6/2010) from Realteks web site. I used the .exe version of the
new codec and it installed right over the old codec that came pre-loaded on
my computer dated May of 2009. By the way, I have a 1.6 gig ASUS ATOM Netbook
model 1005HA just like a lot of people. The only thing I wished I had done
differently was not download the new codec at the same time as I restarted
the PC after checking the command in msconfig. So I am not 100% sure which
was the culprit. Someone else please try the msconfig issue first and then
post here and let me know how it worked for you before downloading the new
codec just relased.

Oh yeh, here is the download site. Make sure and then choose High Def Codec
Software:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/DOWNLOADS

Steve
Vancouver, WA.
From: Steve Pierce on
One clarification ---

You need to click START then RUN then MSCONFIG. Once in there, select the
START UP tab. Once in the start up tab you should put a check mark in the box
next to the RTHDCPL or RTHDCPL.exe command line, so this will start up the
next time you restart windows. Note - I have an ASUS 1005HA netbook, but it
runs the same Realtek HD Audio codec as some of these other netbooks having
the same issues.

Good luck! Please post here if it works for you!

Steve
Vancouver, WA.

Pages: 1
Prev: Messenger games