From: James on
Living in close proximity to lots of Wifi, I wonder if I could do anything
to stop my WM2003se Axim x50v from offering up all these local connections
that it sees? I only want it to connect to my own network, but everytime I
switch on wifi it ends up offering a whole host of other local connections.
All of which are protected and not mine. Can I stop it doing it, cos its
really annoying when I only use this ppc at home.

Thanks

From: Beverly Howard on
This problem has been posted a number of times with no really good solution.

fwiw, what I do is to enter a bogus wifi key for those that I don't want
to connect to... helps somewhat.

Beverly Howard
From: James on

"Beverly Howard" <Bev(a)NoSpamBevHoward.com> wrote in message
> This problem has been posted a number of times with no really good
solution.

> fwiw, what I do is to enter a bogus wifi key for those that I don't want
> to connect to... helps somewhat.
>
> Beverly Howard

Does that stop them being offered as a possible connection?

Will try it later.

Thanks a lot Beverly