From: none on
Hello,

Does anyone know if there is a program like Winsock Packet Editor for linux?
I'd like to be able to alter the content of a packet as it is being sent or
received.

Thanks
From: Martin Møller Skarbiniks Pedersen on
none wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know if there is a program like Winsock Packet Editor for linux?
> I'd like to be able to alter the content of a packet as it is being sent or
> received.
>
> Thanks

man iptables
search for mangle.

Regards
Martin
From: none on
Martin Møller Skarbiniks Pedersen wrote:

> none wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Does anyone know if there is a program like Winsock Packet Editor for
>> linux? I'd like to be able to alter the content of a packet as it is
>> being sent or received.
>>
>> Thanks
>
> man iptables
> search for mangle.
>
> Regards
> Martin

Thanks for the suggestion. I could only find information about altering the
routing information. I'd like to alter the data in the packet. Have I
overlooked something?

Thanks
From: Lew Pitcher on
On March 1, 2010 12:17, in comp.os.linux.networking, eat(a)joes.com wrote:

> Martin Møller Skarbiniks Pedersen wrote:
>
>> none wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Does anyone know if there is a program like Winsock Packet Editor for
>>> linux? I'd like to be able to alter the content of a packet as it is
>>> being sent or received.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>
>> man iptables
>> search for mangle.
>>
>> Regards
>> Martin
>
> Thanks for the suggestion. I could only find information about altering
> the
> routing information. I'd like to alter the data in the packet. Have I
> overlooked something?

You can use iptables(8) to direct a packet to a queue for userspace
processing /before/ it is passed along to the sockets layer. Thus, you can
intercept and alter packets before they are put on the wire or passed to an
application.

--
Lew Pitcher

Pages: 1