From: Olaf Rabbachin on
Hi Tom,

tshad wrote:

> I have a problem with the forums because I can't remember which ones I am on
> and I usually access them from different locations. I usually use outlook
> express to access them and I can go directly to msnew.microsoft.com to see
> all my messages.

FWIW - the forums support the so-called "NNTP Bridge". When logged in,
click the "My Settings" link on the top right. I haven't tried it out, but
maybe it's what you're after?

From the Forums FAQ:

--- 8< ---
The NNTP Bridge Client application allows a user to configure their NNTP
Reader to read and post to the forums. Users can install the client bridge
at the Online Forums Connection. To use the bridge users must first select
"Use NNTP Bridge" in the My Settings page. Note: at this time, there are no
plans to localize the support documentation for the tool but the tool
should work any locale forum. Users can visit the Online Forums Connection
for more information, bug status and to report issues or suggestions.

Cheers,
Olaf