From: Jon on
I am having the same issue. I have installed FPSE and enabled both Basic and Windows authentication on the website that I wish to publish (not the "Default Website").

I know it has been a long time since this post, but were you able to figure out how to fix it?

I have tried using VS2005, 2008, and 2010, and nothing seems to work.

Usarian wrote:

I installed the preferred web deployment tool, but it doesn't seem to do what
07-Dec-08

I installed the preferred web deployment tool, but it doesn't seem to do
what I need.
I'm trying to install locally, and it has me start to create the package at
the local IIS website, not from the visual studio folder.

I installed the frontpage server extensions and extended the site in
question. I got a different error message:
The Web server does not appear to have any authentication methods enabled.
It asked for user authentication, but did not send a WWW-Authenticate
header.

Googling that error leads me to nothing.. allusions to Windows Firewall
(which I have disabled since I'm behind a router) and other things that
don't apply to my situation.

is there any way to fix either IIS or Visual Studio settings-wise to get
this publishing properly?

Thanks.

"bruce barker" <nospam(a)nospam.com> wrote in message

On Saturday, December 06, 2008 10:59 PM
Usarian wrote:

IIS7 on Vista - FrontPage Server Extensions
I'm trying to publish an asp.net website using Visual Studio 2008 to IIS7
running on Vista ultimate.
I get the error:
The Web server does not appear to have FrontPage Server Extensions
installed.

First off, isn't frontpage extensions deprecated now?

Second, how do I get this website published?

already tried:
-uninstalling IIS and reinstalling
-enabling every feature under IIS
-completely deleted the website and recreated it from scratch, even using
different names

please help
-Usarian

On Sunday, December 07, 2008 12:18 AM
bruce barker wrote:

yes they are deprecated. the only built in support for iis 7.
yes they are deprecated. the only built in support for iis 7.0 is ftp,
but ms has added front page support as an addon.

http://www.iis.net/downloads/default.aspx?tabid=34&g=6&i=1630

the preferred tool is the web deployment tool:

http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/346/web-deployment-tool/

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Usarian wrote:

On Sunday, December 07, 2008 1:32 AM
Usarian wrote:

[...]

Entity Framework 4.0 and the AJAX Autocomplete Extender.
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/77429274-e89f-49c2-a93a-b290f013f649/entity-framework-40-and-the-ajax-autocomplete-extender.aspx