From: Larry Serflaten on

"Webbiz" <nospam(a)noway.com> wrote

> >Just a thought to reduce the actual amount of work you need to do for each
> >redraw....
>
> Sorry for being a dummy, but I don't follow. Border "trimmings"? Using
> Cls to erase old data but leaving permanent parts intact? Cls erases
> the whole picturebox, doesn't it? How would any part of it remain
> intact?

Border timmings, those items that are drawn, regardless of the position
of the data. Such as a vertical scale, captions, a box around the chart, etc.
anything that is drawn in the same position, time after time.

No time for an example now, you can easily work one up yourself.
Whatever you draw while AutoRedraw is True will not be erased by
Cls when AutoRedraw is set to False. You can use that feature to
pre-draw your vertical lines (and trimmings) such that you only need
to draw the data as the user scrolls the chart.

LFS

From: Webbiz on
On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 20:53:50 -0600, "Larry Serflaten"
<serflaten(a)usinternet.com> wrote:

>Whatever you draw while AutoRedraw is True will not be erased by
>Cls when AutoRedraw is set to False.

Well that is pretty cool. :-)

Thx.
Webbiz