From: Larry Finger on
On recent kernels, sparse reports the following message for every source
file that is processed. The warning does not seem to affect the results.
I'm not sure when the problem started, but I think it was with 2.6.35-rc1.

CHECK drivers/staging/rtl8712/rtl871x_rf.c
/home/finger/linux-2.6/arch/x86/include/asm/cpufeature.h:297:21: error:
Expected ( after asm
/home/finger/linux-2.6/arch/x86/include/asm/cpufeature.h:297:21: error:
got goto

Larry
From: Jiri Slaby on
On 07/09/2010 03:52 AM, Larry Finger wrote:
> On recent kernels, sparse reports the following message for every source
> file that is processed. The warning does not seem to affect the results.
> I'm not sure when the problem started, but I think it was with 2.6.35-rc1.
>

> CHECK drivers/staging/rtl8712/rtl871x_rf.c
> /home/finger/linux-2.6/arch/x86/include/asm/cpufeature.h:297:21: error:
> Expected ( after asm
> /home/finger/linux-2.6/arch/x86/include/asm/cpufeature.h:297:21: error:
> got goto

Yeah, I posted a support for that already:
http://git.kernel.org/?p=devel/sparse/chrisl/sparse.git;a=summary

The patch is not 100% correct, it doesn't support asm volatile goto and
similar.

What distro you use? I will fix it in opensuse (which provide gcc 4.5
already), if there will be no new release of sparse.

regards,
--
js
From: Larry Finger on
Obviously, I pulled the wrong git tree. I got the one from the wiki. When
I built the one from the kernel.org tree, all is well.

Larry

From: Jiri Slaby on
On 07/09/2010 11:22 PM, Larry Finger wrote:
> Obviously, I pulled the wrong git tree. I got the one from the wiki.
> When I built the one from the kernel.org tree, all is well.

Both are from kernel.org. But the one I sent is a Chris'es "fork" with
my and other fixes.

--
js
From: Christopher Li on
On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 2:26 PM, Jiri Slaby <jirislaby(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 07/09/2010 11:22 PM, Larry Finger wrote:
>> Obviously, I pulled the wrong git tree. I got the one from the wiki.
>> When I built the one from the kernel.org tree, all is well.
>
> Both are from kernel.org. But the one I sent is a Chris'es "fork" with
> my and other fixes.

Yes, you caught me slacking off. It is time to cut a new release
and flush all the bits into the official tree.

Chris