From: divventknaa on
Apologies if this has posted twice, Broadband is down and I am one of those singularly pathetic 3G
mobile BB sticks at the moment. Can retrieve mail, cant send, can retrieve headers, sometimes
posts.... very hit and miss..

The subroutine calling the report is as below. I have used the Set warnings false in the OnNoData
event of the report, and tried some of the 2501 msgbox suggestions. But whatever I put in it
brings the error up and highlights the "DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview, , stLinkCriteria"
line in the VB Window.

I am sure I have managed to successfully get rid of this in the past, but can only find examples
where it was a subreport I was replacing with a Label, made visible on no data.

Private Sub DeficiencySelect_AfterUpdate()

Select Case Me.DeficiencySelect

Case 1
stDocName = "AllDeficienciesReport"
stLinkCriteria = "[RefinedGroup]= 'A'"
DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview, , stLinkCriteria
Me.exitcombut.SetFocus
Case 2
stDocName = "AllDeficienciesReport"
stLinkCriteria = "[RefinedGroup]= 'B'"
DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview, , stLinkCriteria
Case 3
stDocName = "AllDeficienciesReport"
stLinkCriteria = "[RefinedGroup]= 'C'"
DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview, , stLinkCriteria
Case 4
stDocName = "AllDeficienciesReport"
stLinkCriteria = "[RefinedGroup]= 'D'"
DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview, , stLinkCriteria
Case 5
stDocName = "AllDeficienciesReport"
stLinkCriteria = "[RefinedGroup]= 'E'"
DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview, , stLinkCriteria

Case 6
stDocName = "AllDeficienciesReport"
stLinkCriteria = "[RefinedGroup]= 'F'"
DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview, , stLinkCriteria
Case 7
stDocName = "AllDeficienciesReport"
stLinkCriteria = "[RefinedGroup]= 'G'"
DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview, , stLinkCriteria
Case 8
stDocName = "AllDeficienciesReport"
stLinkCriteria = "[RefinedGroup]= 'H'"
DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview, , stLinkCriteria

End Select

End Sub

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.9 Final
------------------- ----- ---- -- -

From: John Spencer on
Try changing acPreview to acViewPreview. Both should work but the standard is
the latter.

In the current sub, I would add some error handling.

Private Sub DeficiencySelect_AfterUpdate()
On Error GoTo Proc_Error

Select Case Me.DeficiencySelect
End Select

Exit Sub

Proc_Error:
If Err.Number = 2501 then
'Skip it
Else
MsgBox Err.Number & ": " & Err.Description
End If
End Sub

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010