From: Kevin G. Rhoads on
>I couldn't find it at ftp.openwatcom.org
>
>Skip Knoble has a link to WATFORF77 on his Fortran resources page. It is a
>nicely done page, but it seems that the link has now become obsolete.

I uploaded a copy to rapidshare, since I don't have a rapidshare account this
will be automatically deleted if there are no downloads in some amount of time
(? 30 days).

http://rapidshare.com/files/173890930/Watfor77.zip.html
From: Kevin G. Rhoads on
>Yes, the OW F77 compiler is available as a separate download, and supports
>multiple targets. But that is not the same as the aforementioned WATFOR77.

So, I couldn't find WatFor77 by googling, so I uploaded a copy to rapidshare:

Download link: http://rapidshare.com/files/173890930/Watfor77.zip
From: e p chandler on
On Dec 16, 9:22 am, "Kevin G. Rhoads" <kgrho...(a)alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> >Yes, the OW F77 compiler is available as a separate download, and supports
> >multiple targets. But that is not the same as the aforementioned WATFOR77.
>
> So, I couldn't find WatFor77 by googling, so I uploaded a copy to rapidshare:
>
> Download link:http://rapidshare.com/files/173890930/Watfor77.zip

A utility package for Watfor-77 is still available here:

http://www2.latech.edu/~mcorley/wfuser/wfuser.htm

including binary, source code and docs.

Other docs from Skip Knoble are here:

http://ftp.aset.psu.edu/pub/ger/fortran/hdk/w77stuff.zip

A web search on "Watfor77.zip" might help.

-- e

From: GaryScott on
On Dec 16, 7:33 am, m...(a)skyway.usask.ca wrote:

> >> A version of WATFOR77 for MS-DOS used to be available (I think it still is)
> >> for download.  I think I got a copy by way of OpenWatcom, but it was a while
> >> back and I am not sure:
>
> >I couldn't find it at ftp.openwatcom.org
>
> >Skip Knoble has a link to WATFORF77 on his Fortran resources page. It is a
> >nicely done page, but it seems that the link has now become obsolete.
>
>    Just download the Fortran - the version (DOS16,DOS32,WIN31,
> WIN32 .. even OS2 ) is asked for when you start a work project (in the IDE)
>  (www.openwatcom.org)
>
> Chris

Do we want to perpetuate the use of this obsolete dialect? What are
the plans to advance OW to F2k3?
From: meek on
In a previous article, GaryScott <garylscott(a)sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>On Dec 16, 7:33=A0am, m...(a)skyway.usask.ca wrote:
>> In a previous article, user1 <u...(a)example.net> wrote:>Kevin G. Rhoads wr=
>ote:

>l is)
> a while
>>
>> >I couldn't find it at ftp.openwatcom.org
>>
>> >Skip Knoble has a link to WATFORF77 on his Fortran resources page. It is=
>> >nicely done page, but it seems that the link has now become obsolete.
>>
>> =A0 =A0Just download the Fortran - the version (DOS16,DOS32,WIN31, =A0
>> WIN32 .. even OS2 ) is asked for when you start a work project (in the ID=
>E)
>> =A0(www.openwatcom.org)
>>
>> Chris
>
>Do we want to perpetuate the use of this obsolete dialect? What are
>the plans to advance OW to F2k3?

Of couse WATCOM is not the brightest bauble- but it
have some very useful features. Including embedded assembler
in the F source. One very valuable feature is that the compiler
is free - if you want to send someone a program that they
might want to modify, improve ... whatever .. they can
get the compiler easily (but for Windows, not Linux) -
which removes the need to be compatible with all existing or
just obseleted (sic) compilers.

It does have some post 77 features ... structure, dynamic
allocation , if then else, select case etc. What 9x
level that puts it at I don't know.
Maybe someone who knows WATCOM 77 better than I do would like to take
a stab at that .

Chris
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5