From: Carter Cheng on
Thanks for the reply. I guess perhaps my original post might not have
been too clear. I am actually not interested in running applications
per se but in understanding the strengths and weaknesses of each of
the respective platforms. I am trying to figure out what runs
fast/slow on each platform and what each of them are good at
performance wise. In terms of techniques I am curious how to proceed.

Thank in advance,

Carter.

From: Roger Pack on
Carter Cheng wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. I guess perhaps my original post might not have
> been too clear. I am actually not interested in running applications
> per se but in understanding the strengths and weaknesses of each of
> the respective platforms. I am trying to figure out what runs
> fast/slow on each platform and what each of them are good at
> performance wise. In terms of techniques I am curious how to proceed.

There's the ruby benchmark suite:
http://github.com/acangiano/ruby-benchmark-suite

I believe Antonio is about to do another blog post on the various
implementations on various platforms.

GL!
-rp

From: Carter Cheng on