From: SpectateSwamp on

results, please visit http://www.pcbanter.net/showthread.php?threadid=1069948
Question: Is the ability to play the last few seconds of video important

- what a totally useless piece of (&(*&(
- There could be thousands of uses
- I'd archive video by placing a short summary of contents there
- my software doesn't have that capability

The idea was to shoot video of each golfer from behind and across; then
play these short videos back in slow motion and normal speed while they
were having their awards supper.

This was accomplished and the video was up and playing on a large screen
within 15 minutes of leaving the course. The only PROBLEM was that some
golf swings took far more time than others and when played back in slow
motion; the audience would lose interest. As well in attempting to
capture only the "golf swing" we missed some completely.

The solution was a simple program change that allowed for ONLY the final
3 secs of the video (the swing) to be played in slow motion. This way we
could start recording right when the golfer addressed the ball and turn
off the recording on completion of the swing. From now on we won't miss
any more Swings.

Now each video plays followed by the finals 3 seconds in Slo-Mo.

The video clips from those 2 tournaments is being switched out daily.
Along with a demo of the slo-mo and other capabilities.

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/stonedan/osoyoos_golf.htm

What other action sport could benefit from this technique?
Rodeo and their final 8 seconds.
Water Skiing wipe outs.

--
SpectateSwamp
From: P.A. Toot on
So what? I took my dog to the park, HoopleHead.
"SpectateSwamp"

From: SpectateSwamp on

P.A. Toot;3398562 Wrote:
> So what? I took my dog to the park, HoopleHead.
> "SpectateSwamp" Great. Dog frisbee would work well with this video technique. The catch
in slo-mo. HoopleHead is a strange name for a dog?

--
SpectateSwamp
From: P.A. Toot on
You HoopleHeaded idiot. Why don't you do a poll on why you are so ignorant?
"SpectateSwamp" <SpectateSwamp.693c220(a)pcbanter.net> wrote in message
:
: A poll associated with this post was created, to vote and see the
:

From: Unknown on
You sure are an egoist. You learned a new word (HoopleHead) and now you use
it in every one
of your posts. Who are you trying to impress?