From: rcoder on
On Feb 19, 11:57 am, "dima" <dejan.di...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> = Response
>
> HTTP/1.1 401 Access Denied
> Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0
> Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 19:40:40 GMT
> WWW-Authenticate: Negotiate
> WWW-Authenticate: NTLM
> Connection: close

Your web server is rejecting your connection attempt, because you
haven't authenticated. If your client will only run on Windows
systems, you could try the patch below[1], which supports NTLM
authentication; otherwise, consider using client IP address, or some
application-level control, for authentication, as NTLM is a
proprietary Microsoft auth mechanism, and will block most client
platforms from being able to access your service.

-Lennon

1 - http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=5177&group_id=426&atid=1700

From: dima on
Thank you for you swift response.
I guessed that the problem is with authentication and with NTLM.
Unfortunately I do not know what that is all about.
It will be extremely helpful if you have some kind of sample code.

dima

From: dima on
I had to use the 3rd party web service that will not change by mine
request.
The rubyntlm has a working http example, throughout socket connection,
that I will explore and try to combine with soap4r.
I will share the results of this quest.

dima