From: Dawid Rutyna on
Hello!

Sorry for sending this message also here, but
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.webservices is not so popular.

I have spent all day looking for any asp.net web service
pattern/design/'best practises' for code structure (BOL, DAO, supporting
testing, etc.). The only result was:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc163514.aspx what is not
precisely what I am looking for.

Do you know any tutorials/articles about the subject? I am using .net 2.0.

Thank you for any help.
Regards
Dawid Rutyna
From: Mr. Arnold on
On 7/30/2010 5:30 PM, Dawid Rutyna wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Sorry for sending this message also here, but
> microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.webservices is not so popular.
>
> I have spent all day looking for any asp.net web service
> pattern/design/'best practises' for code structure (BOL, DAO, supporting
> testing, etc.). The only result was:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc163514.aspx what is not
> precisely what I am looking for.
>
> Do you know any tutorials/articles about the subject? I am using .net 2.0.

The subject you should be looking for is what is proper tier
architecture 2-tier, 3-tier and n-tier and best practices and testing of
a given architecture.

The Web service is just the communications mechanism like WCF, .Net
Remoting, COM/COM+ etc, etc are communication mechanisms, which should
be transparent.

The best pattern/design/best practices and testing should be focused on
tier architecture logical or physical tier separation.

You should have cross posted to the various forums instead of posting to
individual forms asking the same questions.