From: lory88 on
I have a very odd .pdb file that supposedly contains a text. Only, it
is not encoded in the standard text (DOC) format as most .pdb files
are. According to some information that I collected on the internet, it
is NOT a DOC document at all.
The 'format marker' at the beginning of the document is VOLcCTx1.
After trying most .pdb document readers for PC (I do not own a handheld
device, this is the real problem) I came to the conclusion that this
particular format is very unusual.
But I still want to retrieve the contents of the file.

On a forum written in Chinese, that particular file was mentioned,
together with the name CEBOOK, which is a reader of .pdb files. I tried
to run the cebook software on my PC, but it requires Windows CE
functions - and does not run on my PC.

Request:
Could someone with a handheld device possibly try to open that
particular file with CEBOOK (www.limelink.com/en/cebook/) or with any
other document reader and see if it works?

If you can do that or have some suggestions regarding the VOLcCTx1
format, please contact me at lory88 (at) gmail . com - I will send you
the file via e-mail.

Thanks a lot

Lory