From: chicchio on
Hello !
I am running Win XP pro SP3, and Live Messenger 2009 (build 14.0.8089.726).
Sometimes, random, when I connect, a window opens with a welcome scree,
saying "Welcome to Windows Live Messenger and some tips (as share your photos
etc), seems like the first time I use messenger.
Is this a bug in my system ? Or some new feature of the service ?
Thanks in advance,
Enrico (Chicchio)
From: Star Seed on
It's not a bug.
It's called Windows live today information.

You can disable it by follow this steps.
1. Click ToolsMenu --> Options
2. On the left side, choose "Sign In"
3. It will prompt you to some choices that you have to uncheck the box "Show
Windows Live Today after I sign in to Messenger".
4. Click Apply --> OK.

PS. Remember, every time you sign in with a different username the Windows
Live Today will come up. It means that setting is valid to 1 ID. Then if
you sign with a different ID you gotta set that setting as above.

Wish this help.

--
Yours,

The Great Star
+62 859 77 888 330

"chicchio" <chicchio(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello !
> I am running Win XP pro SP3, and Live Messenger 2009 (build
> 14.0.8089.726).
> Sometimes, random, when I connect, a window opens with a welcome scree,
> saying "Welcome to Windows Live Messenger and some tips (as share your
> photos
> etc), seems like the first time I use messenger.
> Is this a bug in my system ? Or some new feature of the service ?
> Thanks in advance,
> Enrico (Chicchio)

Pages: 1
Prev: can not block people.