From: John Keiser on
Found in dumpster [w/remote].
Perfect picture.
Only reason for tossing seems to be failure of tuner [which is part of the
main board]. I can use fine in conjunction with a spare VCR as the tuner
but am curious if this is a common failure?
Also, the TV "feels" noticeably hot. Considerably hotter than my 19inch LCD
monitor. Is that common?
Thanks for any wisdom.

From: Meat Plow on
On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 19:11:31 -1000, John Keiser wrote:

> Found in dumpster [w/remote].
> Perfect picture.
> Only reason for tossing seems to be failure of tuner [which is part of
> the main board]. I can use fine in conjunction with a spare VCR as the
> tuner but am curious if this is a common failure? Also, the TV "feels"
> noticeably hot. Considerably hotter than my 19inch LCD monitor. Is
> that common?
> Thanks for any wisdom.

A 32" LCD TV is going to operate at a higher temperature than a 19"
monitor. My 22" LG monitor is just warm to the touch. My 32" LCD TV is
quite a bit warmer. I wouldn't worry about something I pulled from the
trash.