From: "Gustav Wiberg" on
Hi there!

Why...

I have this code:

<form name="frmMan"
action="admin/phpfunctions/addnewmanufacturer.php?frmManufacturer=<?php echo
$frmIDManufacturer;?>&frmModel=<?php echo $frmIDModel;?>" method="post">
<input type="text" size="30" name="frmManufacturerName">
<input type="submit" value="ok">
</form>

When i press the submit - button, I get this error:

Not Found
The requested URL
/mobilkamera/admin/admin/phpfunctions/addnewmanufacturer.php was not found
on this server.

Apache/2.0.53 (Win32) Server at 192.168.0.3 Port 80

Why is there TWO admins? Why isn't the path like this...?
The requested URL /mobilkamera/admin/phpfunctions/addnewmanufacturer.php was
not found on this server.

???

If this is not a question that suits the list, please guide me tips where to
look...

Best regards
/Gustav Wiberg
From: Joe Henry on
On Tuesday 07 March 2006 11:45 am, Gustav Wiberg wrote:

> <form name="frmMan"
> action="admin/phpfunctions/addnewmanufacturer.php?frmManufacturer=<?php
> echo $frmIDManufacturer;?>&frmModel=<?php echo $frmIDModel;?>"
> method="post"> <input type="text" size="30" name="frmManufacturerName">
> <input type="submit" value="ok">
> </form>

You could try using an absolute rather than a relative path:

/mobilkamera/admin/phpfunctions/addnewmanufacturer.php
--
Joe Henry
www.celebrityaccess.com
From: "Shaunak Kashyap" on
It is more of an HTML/HTTP question than PHP but here's my shot at a
possible explanation:

The file containing the form code seems to live in the
/mobilkamera/admin/ directory. Therefore action="admin/phpfunctions..."
implies that the form is to be submitted to that path starting from the
current directory (i.e. /mobilkamera/admin/), which resolves to
/mobilkamera/admin/admin/phpfunctions...

One solution would be remove the "admin/" from the action. Another (and
probably better solution) would be to use absolute paths, as Joe Henry
suggests.

Shaunak Kashyap

Senior Web Developer
WPT Enterprises, Inc.
5700 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 350
Los Angeles, CA 90036

Direct: 323.330.9870
Main: 323.330.9900

www.worldpokertour.com

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail transmission (and/or the
attachments accompanying) it may contain confidential information
belonging to the sender which is protected. The information is intended
only for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended
distribution or taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this
information is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in
error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies
of this transmission.

From: "Gustav Wiberg" on

It is more of an HTML/HTTP question than PHP but here's my shot at a
possible explanation:

The file containing the form code seems to live in the
/mobilkamera/admin/ directory. Therefore action="admin/phpfunctions..."
implies that the form is to be submitted to that path starting from the
current directory (i.e. /mobilkamera/admin/), which resolves to
/mobilkamera/admin/admin/phpfunctions...

One solution would be remove the "admin/" from the action. Another (and
probably better solution) would be to use absolute paths, as Joe Henry
suggests.

Shaunak Kashyap

Senior Web Developer
WPT Enterprises, Inc.
5700 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 350
Los Angeles, CA 90036

Direct: 323.330.9870
Main: 323.330.9900

www.worldpokertour.com

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail transmission (and/or the
attachments accompanying) it may contain confidential information
belonging to the sender which is protected. The information is intended
only for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended
distribution or taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this
information is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in
error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies
of this transmission.

Thanx!!!

/Gustav Wiberg
From: David Dorward on
Gustav Wiberg wrote:
> I have this code:

Bold then a line break? Shouldn't this be a heading?

> action="admin/phpfunctions/addnewmanufacturer.php?frmManufacturer=<?php

> The requested URL
> /mobilkamera/admin/admin/phpfunctions/addnewmanufacturer.php was not found
> on this server.

> Why is there TWO admins? Why isn't the path like this...?

Presumably because the resource with that form on it is found at the
URL /mobilkamera/admin/SOMETHING and your URL is relative to that.

http://www.iusmentis.com/technology/www/relativeurls/

Home is where the ~/.bashrc is