From: Ivan Voras on
From: Paulo Marques on
Sal wrote:
> It's called MySecret and it's easier for me to use than GnuPG. I
> typically use only symmetric encryption anyway so GPG is overkill. But
> before I do any major encryption with it I would like to get the
> opinion of some experts. Thanks.
>
> http://www.di-mgt.com.au/mysecret.html

It looks half-way decent at least. The lack of source code makes it
difficult to judge if there was enough care taken about locking and
clearing memory used for sensitive information (password, etc.) and
other details (not to mention malicious backdoors).

Of course, having a symmetric encryption means that your friends that
need to send you encrypted data need to know the same key as you do, and
can decrypt files sent from other users using the same key (or
impersonate you, etc.).

--
Paulo Marques - www.grupopie.com

"All generalizations are false."
From: rossum on
On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 14:51:08 -0700 (PDT), Sal <here(a)softcom.net> wrote:

>It's called MySecret and it's easier for me to use than GnuPG. I
>typically use only symmetric encryption anyway so GPG is overkill. But
>before I do any major encryption with it I would like to get the
>opinion of some experts. Thanks.
>
>http://www.di-mgt.com.au/mysecret.html

Blowfish Test Vectors are here:
(http://www.schneier.com/code/vectors.txt)

Page linked from here:
(http://www.schneier.com/blowfish.html)
which might have some other useful stuff for you.

rossum