From: Josh Cason on
I have a dmz zone on my network. The postfix sits behind the dmz zone.
The public IP address is translated (nat) to the dmz zone. I asked
about the proxy interfaces command in the main.cf file. I was told I
needed to put in the public ip address for the server. What does this
do since it didn't seem to make any changes on my end regarding spam?
I also disabled the src nat out on the firewall. My concern is stuff
comming into the dmz zone. I'm currently watching the log to make sure
all IP numbers show external. It seems like the some spam does not
sport a ip number that postfix logs. As soon as I log the next attack
or find a previous attack. I'll post the log.

Thanks,

Jsoh

dangerous content by Mychoice, and is
believed to be clean.

From: Wietse Venema on
Josh Cason:
> I have a dmz zone on my network. The postfix sits behind the dmz zone.
> The public IP address is translated (nat) to the dmz zone. I asked
> about the proxy interfaces command in the main.cf file. I was told I
> needed to put in the public ip address for the server. What does this
> do since it didn't seem to make any changes on my end regarding spam?
> I also disabled the src nat out on the firewall. My concern is stuff
> comming into the dmz zone. I'm currently watching the log to make sure
> all IP numbers show external. It seems like the some spam does not
> sport a ip number that postfix logs. As soon as I log the next attack
> or find a previous attack. I'll post the log.

It needs system adminstrator who asks a question that contains:

- The description of the problem (something does/doesn't happen).

- The configuration that reproduces the problem.

- The symptoms (logging) that demonstrate the problem.

In other words, it requires someone who can follow simple instructions,
as mentioned to you several times on this mailing list.

You ignore the rules, therefore you deserve to be ignored.

Wietse