From: Tony Toews [MVP] on
Karl E. Peterson <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote:

>Yeah, I was thinking it was in Win95, but I just checked and it's not
>there. So perhaps tacking on .CMD in cases where the evar isn't
>defined may not be the best strategy? That said, I'd bet very little
>software written with VB today will ever see such an environment, nor
>would such an assumption likely matter if the purpose was to find
>executable files on such a system. :-)

Well, in my case, with the Auto FE Updater, I can see folks wanting to
do some processing using a CMD file once my utility does it's stuff.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
From: Karl E. Peterson on
Tony Toews [MVP] wrote:
> Karl E. Peterson <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote:
>
>> Yeah, I was thinking it was in Win95, but I just checked and it's not
>> there. So perhaps tacking on .CMD in cases where the evar isn't
>> defined may not be the best strategy? That said, I'd bet very little
>> software written with VB today will ever see such an environment, nor
>> would such an assumption likely matter if the purpose was to find
>> executable files on such a system. :-)
>
> Well, in my case, with the Auto FE Updater, I can see folks wanting to
> do some processing using a CMD file once my utility does it's stuff.

Oh yeah, but are any of them running Win95?

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Tony Toews [MVP] on
Karl E. Peterson <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote:

>>> Yeah, I was thinking it was in Win95, but I just checked and it's not
>>> there. So perhaps tacking on .CMD in cases where the evar isn't
>>> defined may not be the best strategy? That said, I'd bet very little
>>> software written with VB today will ever see such an environment, nor
>>> would such an assumption likely matter if the purpose was to find
>>> executable files on such a system. :-)
>>
>> Well, in my case, with the Auto FE Updater, I can see folks wanting to
>> do some processing using a CMD file once my utility does it's stuff.
>
>Oh yeah, but are any of them running Win95?

Not to my knowledge. Although a few years ago I did have a request to
solve an A2.0 problem which dates from 1994.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
From: Clive Lumb on

"Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> a �crit dans le message de groupe de
discussion : O1shtxN3KHA.5212(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Tony Toews [MVP] wrote:
>> I''m looking at cleaning up some logic dealing with starting up an exe
>> via Shell. I'm wondering what other file extensions are considered to
>> be executable?
>
> It varies from machine to machine, of course...
>
> C:\>set pathext
> PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC
>
> See also: http://vb.mvps.org/samples/Which/
>
> --
> .NET: It's About Trust!
> http://vfred.mvps.org

Isn't there .application too?
Or does that call a handler?

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Clive Lumb wrote:
> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> a �crit...
>> Tony Toews [MVP] wrote:
>>> I''m looking at cleaning up some logic dealing with starting up an exe
>>> via Shell. I'm wondering what other file extensions are considered to
>>> be executable?
>>
>> It varies from machine to machine, of course...
>>
>> C:\>set pathext
>> PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC
>>
>> See also: http://vb.mvps.org/samples/Which/
>
> Isn't there .application too?
> Or does that call a handler?

Not following, Clive. Were those questions for me?

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last