From: Jennifer on
My company finally upgraded to Excel 2007. I've been reading in this
newsgroup about user forms and thought that once I finally got 2007
I'd see for myself. But looking in the help files, I don't see
anything for User Forms. Is this just a slang term for the Developer
tab? What am I missing?

Thanks!
Jennifer
From: JLGWhiz on
A user form is a file platform that allows a user to build a set of controls
which can be used to manipulate data on the worksheets, received user input
and display selected data, to name a few uses. In xl2003 and earlier, you
could access the VBE by pressing Alt + F11 and then Insert>UserForm to
display the basic form breadboard. I do not have xl2007 or later but I
understand that you do have to use the Developer ribbon to access the Visual
Basic facilities of Excel. Once in, you should be able to insert the form
in the same manner.

From: Steve Yandl on
Jennifer,

Hold down the Alt key while pressing the F11 key to get a VBE window, then
go to help in that window and type in userform.

Steve Yandl

From: Jennifer on
Thank you both for the reply! Much appreciated.
From: Ron Rosenfeld on
On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 15:05:46 -0500, "JLGWhiz" <JLGWhiz(a)cfl.rr.com> wrote:

>I do not have xl2007 or later but I
>understand that you do have to use the Developer ribbon to access the Visual
>Basic facilities of Excel.

You can do it that way. But you can also access the VBE with <alt-F11>
--ron